Saturday, January 19, 2008

Observations and other thoughts.

Well, lucky me, I got that wage-slave job at the lottery ticket place, Scientific Games, though I am not entirely excited as I found out I have to work with a troubled white man who thinks he is black, I am sure you could guess the name for these kinds of people. Anyway, I am suppose to be starting on Monday but I am not entirely sure if I want to go, as I want to start my own business of tech consulting instead, seeing as how I would most likely make more money and have a lot more free time. I am not sure what I will do, I think I might try it out for a little while and we'll see what happens.

I have been praying and trying to really put myself in the presence of God and ask Him what it is that he wants for me to do with regards to my vocation, and I am pretty sure that I am not called to the diocese, though this would be more economically stable for me, but I don't think I would be capable of handling all the Novus Ordo psychosis that goes on, seriously, I just don't think I am able to deal with such a high level of insanity in these parishes and amongst the clergy. It would be incredibly difficult for me.

Of course there are some things that I wish the FSSP would change with regards to their seminary rules, but I think they are probably for the best amongst most seminarians. Mainly that you can't play videogames or watch movies or have any kind of electronic entertainment in your room except a computer, which you can only use that to get on the net and do work. Also they are very strict on going all 7 years of their formation, which has been discouraging for a lot of seminarians who have had previous philosophical and theological training.

I really dislike having to decide between these types of things but I guess they are part of life, so I am open to your comments to see what you have to say.

I have been reading a few books lately that you people should check out in case you haven't already:

-An Infinity of Little Hours, the lives of Carthusian monks
-Life on the English Manor, a study of medieval peasant conditions
-Crowd Culture, a study of the American way of culture and education in modern times, very intersting written by a Catholic in the 1950's
-Small is Beautiful, Written by E.F. Schumacher it is a really good book on economic philosophy written in the mid 70's promoting Distributism, very good as well.

If you definitely want an interesting read I suggest you pick one of these books up!

No comments: