Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jobs and the Adventure!

I decided not to take the job with Scientific Games, in fact, I think I will be much happier with less money and more free time since I really dislike working for other people unless I have some kind of stock or share in the company itself. I am very big on being against wage slavery, which is basically what most people are under if they do not run their own business or 75% of the time do not have a college degree. Aristotle talks about this in his Politics, but I may be wrong, it might be another work, but he makes great points even though it was written so long ago it is still relevant today and it is as if he is talking to us about the present time we live in.

Anyway, I have a few ideas up my sleeve to be my own businessman, which is much more rewarding spiritually and economically. I already placed some of the books I own on Amazon as used products and many of them are in great condition and I should get a pretty good amount of money for them since I have a lot that I don't read. I am not one of those people who keeps everything they ever buy, I consider things useful for the things they do. So, I bought the books and read them and now have the knowledge contained in them, which is what they are for after all, so when I am done with them, I sell them and get my money back. Sometimes, if you are lucky, the book will go out of print then you can charge more money than what you paid for it, which has happened to me, so I consider them an investment as well, especially if they are not public domain.

Now, some of you might think I am insane, but dumpster diving can be very profitable, so I might try that this week a little and see what goodies I can find. I have known people who have found literally factory sealed cases of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and another person I know found boxes and boxes of designer shoes, and I would definitely sell the latter on ebay since it is free game once its in the trash if you ask me.

I have some other plans as well, like continue to do and promote my freelance computer work, which has been successful in the past. So for now I am perfectly content with where I am at, and I do not mind not having a lot of money because often times I just waste it anyway.

No comments: