Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Interviewing is stupid, but I did well I think!

Firstly, I would like to direct you to my friend Martin's Blog, he has a really good post on working for corporations: HERE

Before you read it though, read my post, cause you're here already. Anyway, I went in for my interview at SG Games, which is a lottery ticket company, that's right they are one of the largest producer of lottery tickets in the world, exciting eh? Really. No. Who cares, the lottery is stupid, although it helps a lot of people get into college because a bunch of Mexicans and other insane people buy the tickets. I have never once bought a lottery ticket, and I never will because they are a waste of money, you will make money playing poker, so learn that instead of scratching a piece of paper. I heard once that you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than you do winning the lottery, well most people deserve to get struck by lightning, so I hope it's true.

Anyway, I think Martin was talking about the guild system and Distributism, which is one of my favorite topics, but he said that people worked more in this system and had less wealth, which is not necessarily true. In medieval England they had the Distributist system and most people only worked 3-4 days a week, and that was at their home or in their shop where they had a trade, like blacksmith or butcher or pottery maker, whatever it may be.

I may not take this job just because I hate the idea of working for a base wage for a huge corporate entity, its so dehumanizing and uncatholic, it makes me feel like an expendable commodity being used as a machine so that the fat CEO can sit on his freaking huge mound of cash while we all slave at 8$ an hour trying to make ends meet. I admit the living conditions in America are a lot better than some countries, but nonetheless if you compare wages and working conditions now compared to medieval times, people had a lot more leisure time then, and a lot better liturgical life too!

And finally, I am drinking Jones's pure can sugar soda berry lemonade flavor, it is a small time company, my favorite... and the soda rules. God bless everyone!

No comments: