Thursday, February 21, 2008

Punk and the Rockness

My sister let me borrow a pretty good white Fender Strat Mexican made, which means its lower grade but still a good guitar, even though I would never buy it. I have been writing a lot of songs lately, but I haven't gotten around to writings any lyrics. I am pretty close to starting a new band I think because one of the guys I work with plays bass and I've known him for a really long time and he is down with the idea. I want to start something along the lines of just plain old new rock, not nu-metal but new rock kinda indy sound, like At the Drive In, Promise Ring, Angels and Airwaves, 30 Seconds to Mars, Quadiliacha. It would be a good mix of hardcore punk, riff rock, and and epic vocals of a sort, which would be an awesome mix. When I say hardcore punk though I don't mean like minor threat or fugazi or the pixies, more like Kid Dynamite, and Lagwagon style.

I am working at this retaurant now, Nine, and I am making pretty good money. It rules. Get some!

No comments: